Many of using Google’s Feedburner for managing your rss and in couple of years al working fine since Google withdrawn their support for feedburner. So this might get you think about if Google closed down feedburner then what you will do. How to manage your RSS. Though there are many alternative but we have liked FeedPress because of it’s simple to use interface you can setup your RSS feed and running in just 5 minutes.
So let’s know more about FeedPress:
Beta&Cie is a Web company that runs very nicely for 6 years now, with our own high-availability server infrastructure. FeedPress was first made in october 2012 for our own websites (we’re well-known for websites like FMyLife and its french equivalent Vie de merde — more than 3M visits per day), we have more than 400k subscribers and didn’t see FeedBurner as a viable service anymore.
While we hope to make nice money out of FeedPress, we don’t depend on this service to feed our cats so we won’t kill it just because it didn’t grow fast enough. We want to make a nice service for nice users.
Let’s Check out Features:
- You can manage multiple feeds in your account.
- Get detailed analytics of your feeds RSS readers, Links &Opening from your Statistics menu.
- Setting menu lets you manage your feeds. If you have some problems with your feed, you can launch an automatic diagnostic.
- FeedPress members have a feedpress.me URL for their feed. They can also have any hostname they want thanks to a CNAME redirection.
- You can automatically publish your new articles on social networks.
- You can shorten your shared links on social networks. Using url shortener services like Bitly.
- Offer your visitors to receive a daily newsletter with the last entries of your feed.
- Easily retrieve your newsletter subscribers Iimport the using this form. CSV files compatible with FeedBurner, or with a simple text file full of email addresses.
- MailChimp & Campaign Monitor Connection, people subscribing to your FeedPress newsletter will automatically be added to your MailChimp contact list.
- You can add a dynamic counter for your website & more services.
- High priority 24/7 support emails
Setting up Feedpress:
After creating your account login in your account and Add a feed of your site.
After clicking on Add a Feed link you will redirected to new page where you add your feed URL and choose alias of your feed.
After done with adding feed you are linked with Feedpress and your feed are running up just you need to download and install Feedpress plugin and linked with Feedpress account.
Disable the FeedBurner feed:
If you have an active newsletter on FeedBurner, don’t forget to export contacts CSV file before disabling your feed. Before completely disable your feed, check that the original feed URL is the one that you want. It must match the one you have set on FeedPress by clicking on « Edit Feed Details. Once you have all checked, Click on ‘Delete Feed’, don’t forgot to check the box enabling redirection. Test your URL of your old FeedBurner feed. It should be redirected to your domain that redirects next to FeedPress. It may takes some time to fully integrate with new settings.
If you have a new site and don’t have a FeedBurner account earlier then above steps not for you.
Feed management In Feedpress:
Managing your feeds is quite easy on Feedpress you will get detailed information about your subcribers.
They offer 3 types of premium plans either you can choose:
- Semester : $15 for 6 months
- Year : $30 for one year
- Quarter : $9 for 3 months
- Or you can consider Free Plan.
We are using their premium plan and we have a wonderful experience using Feedpress. Great RSS management tool for your RSS needs. You will too surely love using it.