Facebook yesterday announced its new feature in Messenger that gives people a more convenient and secure way to send or receive money between friends. This new feature rolling out over the coming months in the US across Android, iOS, and desktop.
Let’s check out the steps, its easy, simple & free:
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time.
Secure systems that encrypt the connection between you and Facebook as well as your card information when you ask us to store it for you. We use layers of software and hardware protection that meet the highest industry standards. These payment systems are kept in a secured environment that is separate from other parts of the Facebook network and that receive additional monitoring and control. A team of anti-fraud specialists monitor for suspicious purchase activity to help keep accounts safe.
Source: Facebook Newsroom