Apple unveiled their new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus along with their smartwatch which schedule to launch early 2015. Apple has announced it will be rolling out the iOS 8 update today and Indian users able to get/download latest update tonight after 10.30pm (22:30) IST. Compatible devices include the following range of Apple products are iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S and more.
The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are expected to arrive exactly a month later in India, which will ship with iOS 8. If you already have and Apple device like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch user, you can upgrade to the new OS today onwards.
- Notification centre now updated in iOS 8. Enable user to reply directly from notification. As we see on android.
- Gesture in mail app quick access to people you contact most.
- QuickType features let user to use iOS keyboard much like SwiftKey as we see in android device which suggest the word. Similar like android keyboard. Support for third-party keyboard means Swype is now available on iPhones. This should make iPhone users happy.
- Group Message is new feature in IMessage which allows you to share your location with a group. iMessage now allows you to also send and receive audio files. If you use WhatsApp then you know about this.
- HealthKit this new feature we see in iOS 8 will let user to grab some attention. It allow healthcare providers like doctors and hospitals to receive and send patient data. Third party apps and accessories will be able to use HealthKit.
- Family sharing features allows to use one credit card to purchase contents. You will notify when your kids want to buy something up to six members can use one single credit card.
- Smart editing and smart suggestions in the Photo app are two new features.
- Adding a number of features in the App store to make apps more visible. Features are as follows: Trending searches, new logo for Editor’s Choice, App Bundles, App Previews through video, and TestFlight. TestFlight feature will allow developers to beta test their apps.
- Widgets are now supported in iOS
- iOS 8 features a new API called Metal allow developers to create better looking games by utilizing graphics chip fully.